Most people like portable air coolers because it is light-weighted and can be carried anywhere. Portable air coolers are an affordable option for people who can’t purchase air conditioners. They have a sleek, slim design and consumes less floor space. As summers are approaching, air coolers are a must. India’s temperature has been soaring high for the last 20 years, and air coolers are the most useful appliance to tackle the upcoming summers’ heat. In this article, we would describe the top ten portable air coolers in India, 2022.
Best Portable Air Coolers
We want you to compare each product and choose the one that perfectly fits your requirement. We know with various models in the market, you may find it challenging to decide. That’s why we are here to help you with your next purchase. Here is the compiled list of the top 5 portable air coolers in India. You can get any of the product at an affordable price online and from a local shop.
The Credly air cooler has a small and compact design. This portable fan does not contain any blades and runs through a rotor. This makes the cooler safe to use and reduces the risk of injury if your finger touches the inner part of the fan. The portable cooler is powered with 3AA batteries through the provided USB port.
It is easy to use and has both cooling, fan mode function. Moreover, it has b80 degree vertical airflow control for the optimal wind blowing. The cooler is easy to carry and light-weighted. Enjoy chilled and fresh air any time, anywhere. You can also add scent beads and 50 ml of water into the storage box inside the fan to give off fragrance.
- Exclusively made in China.
- Light-weighted and budget-friendly.
- Value for money.
- Compact and small.
- The product has fewer reviews to can’t pass a judgment.
This personal air cooler comes with an LED night light and a three-speed evaporative portable air conditioner. This mini air cooler is ideal for home, office, and dorms.
The product is light-weighted and budget-friendly. It operates on comparatively less voltage and is exclusively made in China.
- Good product in this price range.
- Exclusively made in China.
- Easy to operate.
- Small and compact design.
- Silent operation.
- No reviews on the product are seen on the site, so can’t say anything.
Wellinking air portable air cooler has a sleek and compact design. It is available in seven different colors. The cooler is energy-efficient and light-weighted. It has an easy-fill water tank which lasts up to 4 hours. The cooler is eco-friendly and energy-efficient.
Its noise level is 68 dB, and the capacity of the water tank is 750 ml. It is exclusively made in India. The weight of the cooler is 390 grams.
- Ideal for home, office, cars, picnics, and outings.
- Ultra-quiet operation.
- Energy-efficient and eco-friendly.
- 100% quality check and verify the product.
- Available in seven different colors.
- Exclusively made in India.
- The performance of the cooler is average.
This air cooler from Mokoto is value for money. It has an easy-fill water tank that lasts up to 8 hours. The air cooler is energy-efficient and eco-friendly. It has a compact design and ultra-quiet operation.
You would get the product in seven different colors. Overall, it’s a good product in this price range.
- Three-speed level controller.
- Value for money.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Consumes less energy.
- Light-weighted and budget-friendly.
- There are fewer reviews of the product, making it difficult to say about its quality and durability.
This air cooler has a compact design and is ideal for family outings, offices, camping. The body of the air cooler is made up of ABS, which ensures the longevity of the cooler. You can get cold and warm air anytime, anywhere.
For best results, you should hold the device up close and nearby your face, neck, or body airflow. The weight of this portable air cooler is 450 grams.
- Value for money.
- Light-weighted and travel-friendly.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Ideal for family outings, offices, and camping.
- The performance of the air cooler is average.
Buying Guide for the Best Air Coolers
You have to consider all the following aspects while buying the best air coolers for your home. Neither less to say, when it comes to finding the right portable air cooler, there are only a handful of products you can find out there in the market. That is why we have properly curated this buying guide offering you the right assistance you need.
How much are you willing to invest in a quality product? Finalize a budget, then proceed with the buy. Just bear in mind, you don’t have to break the bank in order to get your hands on the air coolers. So, make sure to have the right balance between your budget and quality.
We want you to do some research on the product you’re eyeing for. What are its advanced features? Compare them with other air coolers. This would be of great help.
Types of Air Coolers
After you’ve decided you’re your budget and did some research. You need to know about what are the different types of air coolers available in the market. There are mainly two types of air coolers.
- Personal Air Cooler: As the name suggests, it is meant for personal rooms. The size is small, and it comes with a water tank capacity of 10 to 30 liters. You can carry it anywhere to the room.
- Desert Air Coolers: Desert air coolers are perfect for inside as well as outside. You can use it in the backyards and terrace. They come with water tanks that have a capacity of 30 to 90 liters.
When you purchase an air cooler, check the product description to get to know about its features. There are features like water level indicator, autofill, and many more features. Nowadays, air coolers with remote controls are common.
Check what kind of motor is used in the cooler. Is it made up of iron or copper? You can go for products which come with a copper motor. They consume less power and ensures the longevity of the air cooler.
As we know that there are two types of cooling pads. One is honeycomb, and the other one is aspen. Honeycomb cooling pads are used by most brands because of their long life and efficiency. But you also need to check the thickness of the cooling pads. Its thickness should be at least 90 mm.
You have to see does the product has more positive reviews or negative reviews? How is the service of the company you’re opting for? Then only proceed with the purchase. Checking customers’ reviews really help in determining the quality of service provided by the company.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Are air coolers and air conditioners alike?
They are not the same. You might be thinking both of them helps in cooling the air. But their working mechanism is different. Air coolers take up the dirty air from the outside and filter it to give you fresh, chilled air. On the other hand, air conditioners remove excess heat in the air. So, they just seem to be doing the same thing, but their mechanism is totally different. Air coolers are eco-friendly and consume comparatively less energy. Moreover, it is less expensive. But it can’t compete with the cooling provided by the air conditioners.
2) How is an air cooler different from a standard fan?
A ceiling fan works in a way to increase the circulation of air so that the sweat in your body can evaporate faster and keeps you cool on the hot summer days. The cooling effect of a standard fan is limited. It cannot work well in closed environments and places where the velocity of air exceeds 6.4 km per hour. On the other hand, air coolers use an evaporative cooling process to provide you with cool and fresh air. Air coolers can decrease the temperature of the room significantly, unlike a standard fan. Moreover, air coolers are less noisy than standard fans.
3) How should I clean the air cooler?
There are various ways you can follow in cleaning your air coolers. You have to clean the air cooler at least once a month to get the best out of the air coolers. If you didn’t clean then, it would give a foul smell.
The first thing you need to do is clean the water tank.
- Remove panels and then the cooling pads.
- Drain out the water from the water tank.
- Scrub the water tank with a clean brush.
- Soak it with baking soda and lemon juice for an hour or two.
Now, you need to clean the cooling pads.
- Mix water and lemon juice in a container and dip the cooling pads inside it. Keep it for an hour.
- Dry them up and put them inside the air cooler.
- One more thing, even after putting back the cooling pads the air cooler is not functioning properly, then you should immediately change the cooling pads for the better.
You can use vinegar as well for cleaning.
4) What is I-purification technology?
I-purification technology is a filtration system that cleans all the pollutants in the air and gives you maximum fresh cooling. The air passes through several filters before it can reach you. You would get cool and fresh air with this technology. There are a lot of products available in the market which use this technology. You can do some research and get your preferred air cooler, which uses this technology.
5) Which one should I go to for online or offline stores?
Well, the choice is yours. But we like to state a few facts. If you purchase a cooler from a local shop, then you can seek the help of a professional, and return won’t be an issue. If you prefer online shopping, then you’re likely to get a discount as well as a lot of variety. Returning the product would take time, but nowadays, online websites are so reliable that you won’t have an issue while returning the product. They would reach at your doorstep to get the product, and money would be refunded to your bank account. Analyze everything, then go for the purchase.
6) Does the placing of air cooler effects its efficiency?
Air coolers don’t have a unit con like air conditioners have. You don’t need to put them right beside the windows. But it does affect the performance of the air coolers. So, we would advise you that if you want your whole room to be cooled then keep it near the windows and doors. If you want a particular area to be cooled, then keep it in a location where you can enjoy the cooling at a maximum level.
7) What are the downsides of air coolers?
These are the disadvantages of air coolers.
- It does provide cooling but not as much as air conditioners do.
- You cannot use air coolers in humid areas. It works efficiently in arid, dry regions.
- You have to fill the water tank routinely in order for it to function properly. So, in areas where there is a scarcity of water, you won’t be able to fill water tanks on a regular basis.
- Air coolers are noisy when compared to air conditioners.
The Bottom Line
You have to keep a few things in mind while buying an air cooler, as we have mentioned in the buying guide. Your questions have been answered as well, so; you won’t have a tough time choosing air coolers. We hope this article helped in clearing all your doubts you had about portable air coolers.
To make your investment worthwhile, you can purchase air coolers from reputed brands like Symphony, Crampton, Havells, Bajaj, and Usha. One more thing, the list keeps on updating, so keep on checking, you may get the best product which would meet all your requirements. So, choose the one that works best for you and you are always good to go!